View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 10:58 AM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer View Post
Poor Monroeville Mall can’t catch a break. Overrun by zombies in 1977; overrun by looters in 1997!

All kidding aside, I wonder how Pittsburgh ARS/ANGB get treated. In the 80s there was an ANG A-7 unit there that would have probably gone to Europe, an SAC gained ANG KC-135 unit, and a MAC gained AFRES C-130 unit. Plus some nice long runways, defensible terrain, and in place communications. Probably a good bomber dispersal field as well.
Monroeville Mall in the 90s was a reliable source of Camel cigarettes and Slim Fast diet shakes for me!

The ANG A-7 unit ended up in Jugoslavia until things began to fall apart there and they ran low on aircraft. I'll have to look at my notes for the other two units.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...