View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 06:57 PM

I've been running T2k1 at Origins for years, and I keep re-using the same pregens, since I find making PCs in that edition pretty tedious. Over the years, I've subtracted 1 PC who died and added perhaps 6. I think that the group is up to 14 now, so there's a diverse group to select from.

I've heard one suggestion for games with complex chargen-- do nearly all of the work, but leave a little for the players to fill in, like a few skills or feats or edges. In the case of T2k1, maybe leave off two or three batches of skill points-- 25 or 50 points each?-- for the player to finalize the character?

Also, one could leave off name, nationality, background, etc., for the player to flesh out. One of my pregens shifted gender, when I had more women around the table than I expected, and Jack became Jackie.

Weapons packages could be another "final detail" to let the players select in lieu of full character generation. I've had several people ask not for a particular person, but "gimme the guy with the M60". Have some weapons & ammo packages on index cards, separate from the PC sheets.