View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 06:10 PM

Hmm, once again old poll. What is it with me and old polls? That's polls, mind you, not strip club poles....er, nevermind, back on topic.

But it seems I picked the G-3. Oh well, hey, you can't go wrong with German engineering, right? Don't want to sound like an H&K fanboy, but they do make some pretty decent firearms. That plus, G-3's along with spare parts and the ammunition can be found in various parts of the world and aren't too hard to find. Perhaps not as common as the FN FAL, but they're around.

Then again, in all honesty, perhaps the best answer to "favorite battle rifle" would be, IMHO, whatever is actually AVAILABLE, is reasonably accurate, and above all else, DOES THE JOB.
"The use of force is always an answer to problems. Whether or not it's a satisfactory answer depends on a number of things, not least the personality of the person making the determination. Force isn't an attractive answer, though. I would not be true to myself or to the people I served with in 1970 if I did not make that realization clear."
— David Drake