Thread: Urban Farming
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Of course I wouldn't be found dead in a city post nuke, but then I've a country background...
LOL... well if you WERE in a strike zone city on the day, you might be dead there, but still nothing left to find...

I'm of the same accord though. I HATE cities... they serve a purpose for limited visits... I live in a town that think's it's a city.. and hate that even.. give me the country any time.

I agree that urban farming is plausable, and folks are creatures of habit though. One thing is SOMEONE in the area has to have SOME knowledge of how to raise the crops and animals. I scratch my head as to WHY they might stay, though if they have adequate source of water and good, secure shelter then perhaps. I find urbanites not cooperative enough for a real venture though... ummm on second thought, rural America is getting that way too.. nothing like it was when I was a kid and farmers more often than not worked together on harvests.. today it's all about being better than the Jones' it seems.

BUT a catastrophe such as Twilight (and that IS an understatement) will bring out the best in people.. as well as the worst. It then boils down to life of good vs evil as always.