Thread: Defensive Fires
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 09:28 AM

This is on-topic honest..

I am new here and returning to T2K recently after a break of 20 odd years so hey

My new campaign (following the original Polish storyline) with new players (albeit experienced RPGers) has gone really well. I gave them a blend of chars to sample all the skills/abilities but I must say the biggest impact has been with use of IF and mortars. The char with the best IF skill has been hogging all the free luggage space for looted mortars and rounds and basically blowing away most of my encounters.

I was initially not sure I was using the rules correctly, but on re-reading it looks sound. As long as the char has LOS and prepares a position it is devastating. This week an OT-64 took a direct hit for her 81mm round and the survivors caught in the open were fodder - it was just a matter of how many rounds were used (4, and she did get wounded by a lucky bullet).

So - not being an expert in any way - my present GMing experience using the T2K rules = mortars are awesome. My group love the portable 60mm variety but I have managed to make the rounds hard to get and they are dry for now :P