Thread: Got AvGas?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 02:20 PM

A lot of things are possible if the necessary supporting factors are in place. Very early in my research for Thunder Empire I cam e up against the problem that 111th MI Brigade was faced with a host of very challenging obstacles. I got around most of them by having the CG of Fort Huachuca start planning for post-nuke survival in 1995 and letting things unfold from there. The food issue, though, was a tougher nut to crack. Keeping hundreds of thousands of people fed while the local economy made the transition to having most of the working population grow their own food in garden-style plots that didn't exist in November 1997 while learning the basics of companion planting and organic pest management. Stabilizing the local population and food is an ironclad prerequisite for the technical types and engineers to be able to work their creative magic and adapt available resources (including salvage) to their needs. I added in the idea of having Fort Huachuca made into a storage and distribution point for southern Arizona so I could make a large stockpile of food available while 400,000 people made the transition to long-term sustainability. As an added benefit, having Huachuca and Tucson eat the food intended for Phoenix, thus condemning Phoenix to a violent depopuation of biblical proportions, fits with the tragic and ironic nature of Twilight: 2000.

In short, a lot of exciting possibilities exist if we can find a logical basis of support.

Webstral