View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 03:38 PM

Forgive my ignorance, you were wounded in action ?
I didn't mean to open your emotional wounds but I must say that I know some of how you feel.
My X didn't know her Father until she was 25 years old because her Mother told her that he was dead all of her life. You'd think she would never stand in the way of someone who wanted to maintain a relationship she never really knew...but no.
She has done nothing but do her damnedest to stand in my way. Lies in the court room and a bureaucracy that makes decisions with the rest of your life in a cold 15 minutes has aided her mission. She forgot one thing: my son would soon approach manhood and make his up his own mind without her steering.
I wait patiently because that's all I have...it all started when he was only 8 months old and now he's 15.
I am half Sicilian and Half Gibraltarian, he's a quarter Sicilian and a teen ager and I wouldn't wish that on a broke dick dog, as they say !!
Now he says he wants to live with me for over a year now, we took it to court once and she lied her way out of it and kept him from speaking his mind in court but every dog has his day...and I'll be there watching my son look in the direction of manhood.
There have been countless boyfriends and she's on her second husband, my son and he don't get along but that is to be expected with the revolving man syndrome that she has.
I know this doesn't sound encouraging to you but you must NEVER lose your cool in the face of whatever happens or you forfeit the game and you CANNOT lose.
My advice is to stay as frosty as you can muster, keep your nose clean, NEVER bad mouth the mother no matter how much (if at all) she may, do your thing, heal yourself, think about explaining things to the boys as they get older (i had to wait a long time before my son could even talk) and when the time is right you'll say all the right(truthful) things. Above all let them draw their own conclusions as you do the best Fathering job you can.
Now, I am in construction and out of steady work for about 8 months now. No child support-no visitation.
With the way economy is going-or not going- I'm going to have scramble big time to catch up and even still it'll be an easy year before I can recover, pay my arrears up and get the kid on a plane without her causing a problem.
We may be living the Morrow Project before that happens for all I know at this point.