View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 06:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

I hate to disagree with you Mr. Webstral,

But getting those tools and equipment won't really be all that hard... I served onboard an Aircraft carrier, and they have numerious mobile machineshops onboard. Also any vessel worth it's sea salt has their own machineshops as well (even fancy cruise liners) to allow them to fabricate spareparts in an emergency.

I know Operation Omega said that the PCs where only allowed to carry a small amount of personal gear with them, but all of the gear they brought was placed in a central location to be gone over and eventually turned over to the German government or for use by those US Army units that would be remaining in Europe... I have a feeling that the guys running Operation Omega would have the forethought of loading up at least half of the machineshops, tools and needed gear for when they get back to the states.

I know when we ran the 'homecoming' when our European Vets returned the the US, the powers that be had done that. And that equipment and personnel was used as the core of the MilGov reconstruction effort.

But back to the navy vessels and their machineshops... there are storage depots all across the country with construction equipment and supplies set aside for emergencies. I remember reading a FEMA Report about what was suppose to happen after a nuclear exchange. FEMA had the right to reallicate any and all natural resources.

Including Human resources.

If a husband was an engineer and the wife was a nurse, and they needed nurses on the east coast and engineers on the west coast... The family would be broken and the husband sent to the west coast to do engineering work while the wife would be sent to the east coast to do nursing. And their children would be sent off to a DP internment / education camp adminstered by the Federal Government.

I have a feeling that CivGov would be following those recovery plans, and causing a great deal of resentment. And as long as MilGov wouldn't do draconian things like that... They wouldn't have the possibilities of disgruntaled survivors rioting.

In our campaign MilGov wouldn't transfer people like that unless they couldn't find someone else in the region that could do the job, or be trained to do the job. We had alot of currupt politicos running CivGov in our campaign, who spent most of their time increasing their own personal power instead of worrying about the locales they where suppose to be representing. It was the ture representatives of the people inside CivGov that would be responsible for the reproachment between CivGov and MilGov that mirrored the way the NVA and DBW worked together to launch the surprise attack on the Soviet Forces in Germany... But that degresses...
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.