View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draq View Post
Idk if DMRs are included, but an SKS with a low power optic.
Well technically, the SVD is a DMR (because that was the doctrine it was specifically designed for) but it's been put into the role of "sniper" so I reckon the category is wide enough to allow you a DMR rather than a pure sniping rifle.
pfloyd mentioned the Chey Tac Intervention and exhibited surprise that nobody had mentioned it earlier - I think that's probably because it wasn't available until well after the Twilight War had started. From memory it was produced in 2001, so it's far too late for 1st or 2nd ed. timelines, I do actually like it so that's a bit of a disappointment.

If I was going to go the DMR path, I think I'd give my PC the L1A1/C1A1 rifle (with the dustcover designed for mounting scopes) and use that. Couple of reasons - it's robust and a decent hitter, ammo would be relatively easy to find compared to some true sniper rifles in more exotic calibres, take the scope off and it looks like any other combat rifle rather than an obvious sniping weapon, larger magazine capacity than most true sniping rifles.