Old 09-27-2015, 07:08 PM
Internet Intellectual

Name: M26 Anti personnel
Wt: 2.2lbs, 997.9031g
Burst Radius:
DPW: 396 Main Chg Comp B 0.375 lb 170 gm
Packaging: 3 mines per fiber container, 6 containers (18 mines) per wooden box
Package Wt: 60lb, 27kg 215.5400g
Package Dimensions: 21-1/4 x 12-1/2 x 9-3/4 in.
Effects.

Functioning:
Setting the mine to the armed (A) position rotates the barrel assembly so that the primer and delay assembly are in direct alinement with the flash hole in the barrel assembly and with the expelling charge directly above. A force of 14 to 28 pounds on the mine top, or a pull on the top level will activate the mine. Upon actuation, the spring loaded firing pin is released
and fires the primer and delay assembly which ignites the expelling charge. This ejects the fragmenting ball assembly to a height of approximately 2 meters. The delay, ignited by the expelling charge, then initiates the
booster which detonates the main charge, shattering the fragmenting ball. The mine may be rigged for tripwire activation. Remove the trip lever from storage in the spool assembly and insert in the threaded well in the
cam, top, center. Attach one or more of the tripwires, as required.

Attached to, but easily removable from the mine are the following accessories: Arming Handle, Arming Instruction Tag, Trip Lever, and Spool Assembly. Four 20 foot trip wires, two colored olive drab and two tan, are stored on the spool.