View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 11:42 AM

There's been some work done on my nearby rail system since Florida is bound and determined to have itself a boondoggle in the shape of a "light rail" commuter transport system...but that aside...what I've seen a lot of are trucks fitted with fold-down bogies that drive up and down the railroad track. I wonder if a few of those, towing light trailers of freight, maybe a few passengers (going to work in fields, etc.) wouldn't be the start of a "rail recovery". Of course there's going to be hundreds (thousands?) of rail lines with abandoned trains both passenger and freight just sitting there due to EMP damage to spark systems, etc. - you'd have to find a way to move those depending on where you were and what you needed the rail system for.

But yeah, I could see a rail service truck with bogies hauling a few trailer-fulls of oranges to a central location to convert to fuel or food here in Central Florida.

Come to think on it, maybe the 1st JMC has gotten one up and going to recover fuel from the Sanford Intl. Airport...hmm...