View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
After seeing a post on the Rhodesian Cobra SMG I started looking at the vehicles and weapons of the Rhodesian Bush War and considering doing an update adding vehicles to the sourcebook covering some of those very unique vehicles since most of them were passed onto the Zimbabwean Army - and would have served with their forces in the Congo War - and thus possibly be encountered by characters who venture into the Congo or Zimbabwe - vehicles like the MAP45 and MAP75 or the Crocodile
As an item of interest, at the end of the war, a small number of those locally made mine-protected vehicles were driven to South Africa by their crews. A number of military units quit Rhodesia and offered themselves and all their gear to the South African government and those particular vehicles added to the knowledge of mine protection for South African military vehicles.

But as for the vehicles... along with the MAP45, MAP75 and Crocodile, you could also include the MPCV (Mine Protected Combat Vehicle), basically like the MAP series but based on a Unimog chassis and equiped & used as an IFV. Probably made as a Rhodesian version of the UR-416 APCs they had in service at the time. You could also include the Ferret Scout Cars the Rhodies had and if you really wanted a "What the hell is that?" vehicle, you could have the Leopard Security Vehicle or even the one and only example of the Bullet TCV.