View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Gun Doctor

Oops, thought the New Members Thread stickied at the top of the topic list was the place for this. Oh well, let me try again.

Just wanted to say Hi! Raiding these forums for material has already helped me tremendously in setting up my campaign that is about to go live. We'll be running version 2.2 rules in a near-future 2020 setting based on a timeline I found here. I'd like to thank Mohoender and Legbreaker for material I've already blatently ripped off to establish my campaign's background, especially 'Yet Another Modern Timeline' and Legbreaker's analysis of the 3rd Army's offensive in Poland. Anyway, here's the Obsidian Portal page for our game:

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/afterwar-year-0

About myself: I'm a veteran of the recent unpleasentness in Southwest Asia (OIF I, 2003-2004), I was active Army, 45B10, stationed in Bamberg Germany with the 317th Maint. Company (Nondiv). Currently I work in IT (have you tried turning it off and back on again?) in the Great State of Texas, and I'm the proud father of one, my one year old daughter Harmony. I got into Roleplaying at the tender age of 12 or so, with Chaosium's Elfquest, which lead to Rifts and Cyberpunk 2020, and eventually to AD&D (I know, I'm wierd).

I currently have the good fortune of belonging to a weekly gaming group that plays games using a wide variety of systems and themes, and we were supposed to begin my Twilight 2020 campaign (Afterwar: Year 0) this past weekend, but my house had to quarantined to an outbreak of child induced runny nose and coughing.

Howdy y'all!