View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 08:46 AM

Rainbow,

as ever a great write up.

I love the Major General, your in-jokes are as bad as mine. Does he have a scientific adviser?

I would use the armoured white fist on black badge for the 6th (it is what is currently in use for the 6th in Afghanistan).

Maybe instead of SLRs the unit might use M16s that are likely to still be hanging round there in stores as they were used for jungle warfare prior to the SA80 being introduced.

If you have no objection I may incorporate elements into my background (although I will have to change units e.g. 10 Para are involved in the Battle for Warsaw Airport in my history).

I envisioned a Long March back to Nepal for the unit after everything finally collapses. this might make a great game or even a wargame campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
Sorry mate, but that's not 100% correct - the 6th (United Kingdom) Infantry Division was formed from units in Hong Kong and sent into China, where it fought the Soviets alongside Chinese forces.

Given that Hong Kong would still have been a British Crown Colony at the time, I think it would be a logical port for supplies to enter the PRC through (on the grounds that the Soviet Navy couldn't actually attack it during 1995 / most of 1996) so I think it's quite possible that numbers of US "technical advisors" might have been in Hong Kong - some of them could well have become attached to the 6th UK Division after things kicked off in Europe.

Attached draft document expands very slightly on the idea (I think I posted a version of it before - it's been kicking around in my "to be completed pile" for ages)