View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 11:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott Shaull
Well I chose 90 men, so as to have multiple patrols on rotations. Some would be back in training, and they would run their own school that would train new members. Also you would mobile team, that would be used to take patrols out to areas for patrols.

Also there would be Long Range Recon Patrol/Ranger Company assigned into patrols. Again on paper their were still Companies assigned to the Light Infantry/Airborne/Air Assault, but they were National Guard/Reserve units. Many combat arms units sent their people regularly to Ranger Training, for leadership training. This unit would also run their own school too.

These two units serve very distinct purposes. The one unit would be Heart and Minds unit, while the other unit would be hush-hush unit that moves about without others knowing. Or you could combined them both.

Some options.
I had thought of the Civil Affairs and Psyops as being a small team dedicated to working with the local populance in keeping them 'on our side' by propaganda (Psyops) or overseeing the 'hearts and minds' reconstruction (civil affairs) projects. I haven't been able to get my friend who works PsyOps to help with with coming up with the Civil Affairs/PsyOps section for the Battalion level... so I'll see what he can tel me.