View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 04:02 PM

Default Any unarmed combat house rules please

Does anyone have any unarmed (or armed melee) combat house rules that they would like to share because I'm pretty unhappy with the close combat rules in v1 and 2.2.

Also, would anyone like to clarify the wording in the 2.2 rules that specifies that a successful block uses up the next action. The wording is pretty clear that an unsuccessful block does not use up an action.

For my house rules I got rid of grapples, diving blows and throws; keeping only hand-strikes, kicks, and strangles; I thought that they were complicated and unbalanced. I've also made blocking kicks Difficult and not Formidable (because how else was the rule that states that an Outstanding Success on a block does not use the action) and because this one PC with UCD of 5 (rounded up to 7 with kicks) always Knocked Down opponents. I've also made blocking Short weapons with Long weapons Difficult and not Formidable for the same Outstanding Success reason.

I've been getting into harnmaster recently and would like to include some of the close-combat feel of that game.....but I'm happy enough with v2.2 to not consider a switch to gunmaster