View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 02:11 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graebarde
I usually make a pretty good attempt to detail my characters timeline of life. It helps to underly the skills he's aquired, when and how. I include the extended family usually as the family is a great part of what men fight for I think.

Yes details of pictures, letters, momentos they carry, how they got them and such adds to development. It gets me into the mind of the character as I become the character.

BTW in 20 years of Twilight gaming, I've only lost about TWO characters I can recall. Yes they've been wounded/injured or sick, but I strive to keep them alive as I would myself to the best of my ability.

Scars, tattoos, manerism are all detailed to a sense for the HoG in the intro bios I do, so they know where I come from.
I totally agree Grae...

All the characters im my campaign and players I play allways have detailed pre-chargen history - how when and who...etc....

only 2 characters dead in 20 years!!!!!!! now that means either really soft GMs or a really lucky player or perhaps smart hehe...I must admit the one I'm playing now "General Pain" has survived 5 years (realtime) and 15 years gametime...though he has lost one arm and one leg , multiple stabs,burns ,aircrashes,drug overdoses,chainsaw attacks, blunt weapons to soft body parts, melee attacks, and probably somewhere between 100-250 bullet wounds including high calibre rounds, not forgetting some radiation damage , mental disorders, drinking problems ,sleep disorders, explosions and gravity related injuries he still is a feared and somewhat repsected figure in HQs Campaign....my enemies usually says "Why won't he die?"

On the other hand I lost count of all the characters I have lost in the years...

explosion/nervegass -
explosion/polish army-ammo storage facility - don't remember name
drownings
headshots
and many many more