View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
I have always wondered what happened to the DUKWs that are used for tourism in the Wisconsin Dells, in the T2k world. I think there are about 100. I remember during the tour they discussed that they used their own machine shops to manufacture parts as they are difficult to find. This bodes well for their continued operation.

Game wise they might have been commandeered by the 1st Brigade 49th Armored as they would have passed through the dells on their way from Chicago to Fort McCoy. Perhaps they were then used by the division for transport down the Mississippi once the division was directed against the Mexican forces.
Speaking of DUKWs, I've seen a few of them still running somewhere near where I live. There's a district northeast of Manila called Malabon where my wife's family hails from. It floods there almost 24/7, mostly due to a combination of its low-lying location next to the sea and the choked up estuaries and canals which are not enough to drain the water from the streets.

I drove my wife over there once and saw what her relatives termed as an 'amphibian'. Upon closer observation, I noted that it was a modified DUKW. It seems the local businessmen bought up a lot of old US-issue mil vehicles and used them for their fishing operations.