Thread: POW Camps
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 05:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

POW camps normally have 'busy work' for the men and women being held there... Thus I can see the guards putting the POWs to work tending gardens and livestock pens in an effort to not only make the camp as self-sufficent as possible, but to provide excess food stuffs for the guards and surrounding communities. Since the Geneva Conventions state that POWs can be put to work on non-war related duties, and they must be compensated for the work they do, putting them to work tending gardens and the like would be the first thing I can see them being put to work doing. The second would be the POWs being used to clear roadways, or reconstruction efforts of local communities...

Hell, I'd have them building shelters for the D.P. (Displaced Persons) who have been evacuated out of urban centers that had been nuked. The fact that FEMA had plans to put D.P.s to work doing the same kind of work would have POWs put to work doing the more dangerous stuff of course (even though it would technically be a no-no)... Such as having the POWs and their guards going into nuked out areas with high levels of radiation carrying out salvage duties would be a one of the kinds of duties that I could see them put to work doing.