View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 01:52 PM

To elaborate a bit about my interest in radio signal jamming:

One of the regional powers that I'm using in my game is a group of folks descended from a mix of university students and faculty and Renaissance Faire enthusiasts. In my part of Canada we have three universities clustered close together: the University of Waterloo, the University of Guelph, and Sir Wilfrid Laurier University. A century and half after the Pockyclypse (hat tip to Mad Max) they are now a fascist state run by a hereditary philosopher king and are known as the Kingdom of Gwellip. Since knowledge is power, the ruling elite of the Kingdom try to control news and information.

The Kingdom bullies the Amish, treat with the Six Nations, and have a cool relationship towards the Regiment, a remnant of the pre-apocalypse Canadian government that claims to be the legitimate government of the nation. The toxic ruins of the Golden Horseshoe (the urban sprawl that hugs the western shores of Lake Ontario from Hamilton to far east of Toronto) are a buffer zone of Badges and salvage clans that lie between Gwellip and the Regiment.

For the other parts of the Great Lakes region I'm using setting material from here: http://asmrb.pbworks.com/w/page/1025...0Great%20Lakes

Last edited by canucksaram; 04-02-2016 at 03:55 AM. Reason: mixed up east/west