View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 09:59 AM

Is there a way to find out what types of aircrafts were there between 1990-1995? Looking at google map today, I still saw plenty of F4, 1 F100 and a couple F111...

I don't care if they are/were in flying order or not, we already discussed that but the scenario of a Franco-Belgian comic going by the title of "Dawn Patrol" (Buck Danny by Charlier & Hubinon) would perfectly fit in.

In the original scenario the heroes (3 USN pilots) are kidnapped by a former nazi sub-commander to locate a lost submarines. The action takes place in the early 1950's with the USN pilots operating from V45 "Valley Forge" and flying F9 Panther. They are brought to a Pacific island where dozens of US aircraft had been left over since WW2. They find a TBF Avenger and put it back in flying conditions using spare parts from other left over aircrafts.

I could perfectly imagine to have an inspired playing scenario taking place at Davis Monthan AFB with PCs looking for aircrafts to achieve a given mission.

This had been the first comic book I read back in 1977-1978. Wander why I hang up around this forum? I guess, I'll be careful to what comic book I'll be giving my daughters.