View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 10:51 PM
GM for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
You very well may be right. I'm going to choose to follow another tack, though. The city is small enough that conventional fighting may have had much the same effect. I figure NATO and PACT armies must have passed through Elblag at least a couple of times, pretty well wrecking it in the process.
Not sure that it's true that the city has bee fought over in the Twilight War. The NATO offensives went south through Warsaw, and I seem to remember reading somewhere about Western forces "attempting to cross the Wisla at (some point well north-west of Warsaw)" but being stopped by PACT. I previously worked up some maps for the various offensives, and what I concluded was that NE Poland was one of the only areas not driven over by conventional forces.

Also - while Elblag may have been a nuclear target, so was Krakow; but there are still quite a lot of people there. While these numbers have nothing to do with canon, in the population figures I worked out for Poland, I have Elblag city with around 8,000 inhabitants and Elblag County with around 28,000 (pre-war pop's around 127,000 and 56,000 respectively).