View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 01:10 AM

Default female troops

been used lots of times in war -as rank and file and as officers -in all women units and in mixed units .

I have served with both female soldiers,NCOs,Officers etc .

Since the women in our forces have typically been volunteers whilst the guys are conscripts there seem to be a slight difference in motivation I feel .

I think the problem with women in mixed units would be that some or all the guys would start getting antsy and a lot of drama would come up.Imagine the added pressure of war,maybe drink -alot of guns .Trouble maybe.

As for womens ability to fight - since it is all pretty much done from a fair bit of distance I quote bruce Lee - "Any fool can pull a trigger"-
meaning they use children ages 8-16 for soldiers many places -why wouldnt a full grown woman with physical and military training be able to lug her 20 kg pack and her 5 kg rifle -and shot it too.Maybe some male units /soldiers would be alot better .But compared to regular troops they would be better than them too.

I have heard about the Israeli female troops stopping to aid a wounded squaddie too -sounds like what I would do actually - but NEVER seen a shred of documentation .I have -however -read about the Finns finding their dead female red army enemies in their firing positions on top of a mound of spent machinegun shell casings -riddled with bullets- but never surrendering .It was very disturbing to the sisu of the Finns .