Thread: KFS Refit
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 01:39 PM

All that stuff sounds mighty credible still, unless the Morrow Project has turned a lot more heavily-armed in the 4th Edition.

The V300 always struck me as a "let's use this, since we have stats on the V150 already" solution. For a "let's stash an army in the early 21st Century" scenario, MRAP vehicles and HMMWV variants would probably be more "in-period" than V300s and M151 "mutts".

The production of M1 tanks, but with different armor, weapons, systems, engine and drive train always struck me as another "let's use an existing published description" problem. It's just "shaped" like an M1 tank at that point. In my opinion, an KFS tank would be the engine, transmission, drivetrain, tracks and suspension of whatever industrial tracked vehicle they use/produce, and simple armored hull and turret, mounting a main gun in a caliber that matches one of their artillery rounds. Building a fake 20th Century main battle tank for a century after they're needed seems a bit odd.

Of course, there might be some political, ceremonial need to make a tank that "looks" like an M1.

The KFS army is described in Bullets and Bluegrass as having seven 1300-man regiments, plus the air force, secret police, etc.. There've been long discussions about the "correct" size of the KFS military, how much manufacturing capacity they would have, etc. The Bullets and Bluegrass book suggests that the KFS is the only source for percussion primers in their trading zone.

--
Michael B.