Thread: Korea Ideas
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

I just finished working up the start of the war strengths & locations for both the RoK and DPRK. There's a TON of units - 58 divisions, 60 bridgades/regiments and 47 artillery brigades/regiments for the North, 50 Divisions, 66 brigades/regiments for the RoK. 8th Army, by contrast, looks tiny with 8 divisions and a few independent brigades! The Soviet Yalu Front features the Bulgarian 11th Tank Brigade, the Soviet 21st GTD, 6 MRDs and the 83rd Air Assault Brigade, under the command of the 30th and 35th Armies.

So most of the forces will be Korean, and it's going to be ugly!

I just re-read Red Phoenix for inspiration and am thinking of breaking out 38 North Yankee to get a more realistic infantry-level view of the ugliness.

By late 2000-early 2001 I think things in Korea have pretty much ground to a halt and the Korean people are tired of having Yankee troops occupying their land. In the thread on the recovery plan I detail the evacuation of 8th Army to CENTCOM.

(edit kato13 : added link to recovery thread)
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Last edited by kato13; 07-09-2009 at 11:56 PM.