Thread: Gun Trucks
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2023, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It would seem to me that the Sukhoi PAK FA would be a better choice than the F-35 at the moment. If for no other reason its superior to the Super hornet (etc). While the F35 is potentially a better aircraft. Its a long, long way away. The Sukhoi is a year or two tops, away. NATO countries need to shake the stigma, that the Russians are the bad guys. We cant buy their stuff. Let face it, its a brave new world. Its kinda every country for itself. I mean we buy all kinds of stuff (Clothing, other assorted items) from China for our military here in the US. I think they portray a far greater threat in our future than the Russians. My ten cents anyway
I was reading back through the entire thread and this ended up particularly amusing me since the first Su-57 (the PAK FA's eventual designation) entered service in 2020, nine years after this comment was made, and as of the end of 2022 there were a total of 11 in service. Forecasting the future is always difficult, but this particular prediction aged peculiarly poorly.

Hewing closer to the original topic of the thread, I need to dig through my photo files at some point, because I took pictures of a surviving 1970s gun truck a few years back and I know I still have them but my archives from that far back are a mess.

The Vespers War - Ninety years before the Twilight War, there was the Vespers War.