View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 03:30 PM

Default Gary Con 2021 after-action report

Twilight:2000 went really well. There was a lot more role-playing than I thought there'd be, to be honest. I figured a Wandering Encounter would bump into the party and there'd be a protracted firefight, but no, they immediately moved out, had some good role-play in a settlement sized ville, did some trading, etc., then moved on.

They found an abandoned BMD-2 (airborne non-ATGM equipped BMP-2) that had taken a few LAW hits and had its turret disabled. The Soviets booby-trapped it and one of the team lost his arm trying to remove the anti-tank mine they'd put under it. They got him stabilized and tried to make it to a Polish city where they could (hopefully) get him some serious medical attention but the nearest "town" was held by elements of the 89th Soviet Cavalry Div., who defended fiercely, nearly taking out the Humvee with an RPG round. However, the team suppressed an enemy pillbox with Mk.19 and .50 fire from the Humvee and M113 respectively, and withdrew under mortar fire.

By then we were closing in on end-of-game time so we wrapped, I deemed they'd gotten out of the Kalisz encirclement and with some pluck were able to keep the injured team member alive and he eventually recovered, and over the ensuing months made their way back to Bremerhaven and found the remnants of the US Navy and Army Transport division swapping the US's heavy armor and armaments (artillery, missile batteries, tanks, APCs, etc.) for enough fuel to get a handful of cargo ships across the Atlantic and "home"...for whatever value "home" might have, in a Post-WW3 setting.
I think the players liked it, at least, they said they did 🙂
So tired now.