View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 05:32 AM

Default Thank you!

Your idea to create some civilian groups which a party might encounter (or even need and recruit for their own use) is great.
In my opinion we have more than a wealth of military-related articles/ideas/equipment-lists etc. - your modules fill a gap here.

Most of the time i need preparing for a session, i spent thinking about who the PC´s encounter next. Most will be civilians, and its good to have sometimes someone else than the ususal refugees to drain the characters food-stocks.

Furthermore the groups you present, show the PC´s that there is more going on around them, than fighting. We all love our shoot-outs, but one has to deviate from this from time to time, to prevent it from mutating into D&D with automatic guns.
When i presented detailed civilian groups in the past, it made my players more careful about shooting-first-asking-questions-later. They got more concerned about the villages, where they found these people. It made the places more convincing to them - which resulted in much better roleplaying.
You´ve done good work! Thanks!