View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield View Post
I suspect that that is because of the inspirational material. Post apocalyptic flm and literature often depicts characters endlessly walking (The Road, Swan Song) or driving jerry rigged civilian vehicles (The Stand, The Walking Dead). I remember when I had my first Twilight 2000 experience, the GM was a bit frustrated that we were doing too well--that we secured stockpiles of fuel, ammunition, water purification, etc, and simply ventured from a safe haven we had acquired to gather materials or other survivors.

I think that the idea of a unit having a well maintained APC or IFV is an affront to the body of inspiration, therefore. And the troops are supposed to fall apart, abandon their position, civilization needs to collapse.

This is why I'm thinking that California presents interesting challenges and why I asked about agriculture and industry as well as population migration, to figure out what is possible.

So what would yoru recommendations be?
Keep in mind that its one thing to be in Central Poland which was fought over and nuked over and over and over - its another to be in the area from San Francisco to Bakersfield - there was some fighting at the south and a few nukes - but not even close to the devastation you would see, for instance, in Manchuria, Northern China, Poland, western Czechoslovakia or Germany