View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Actually working on a California module right now and have been looking at the 40th and what they may have by April of 2001 - and also what they might have by June of 2001 by using a resource that the game designers didnt know would be there - i.e. Littlefield's tank and armored vehicle collection and working tank and armored vehicle repair shop

and I dont agree with a complete collapse of civilization - there will be pockets that would still be in good shape in 2001 - especially if you have working power generation capability and areas that have oil still available - and the area where the 40th is has both - especially oil - i.e. the Bakersfield oil fields were not nuked and the refinery most likely stayed in US hands - and as the canon said where there is still oil and still power there is civilization - and given the amount of nuclear technicians in the USN and elsewhere in the area the Diablo Canyon power plant is a major possibility for power

So take power + oil + water (its the one place in CA where water even in a drought situation is probably still plentiful) and you have a very good possibility that civilization,while taking it on the chin, is not in collapse mode - versus LA to the south that had multiple nuke hits as well as an almost total lack of water and power generation and oil
That's my general thought as well--I thought that a large enclave zone would make sense with the area between Bakersfield and LA being scavenged and patrolled. I thought it would be fun if there were communities that the Player Characters would also try to get into contact with to gain intel, resources and assistance from in exchange for miltary assistance of whatever kind.

i also wondered what would happen to the other military and state police assets down around there, it strikes me as considerable in numbers and that they should not be written off so casually.