View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 10:32 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield View Post
Thanks--I think to be really clear: I'm not concerned about how much they have NOW. I get all that. What I'm trying to figure out is what they would have LEFT by 2001 April of the campaign setting.

For instance, you mention this:

HHC
18 x 1 1/4-T HMMWV
28 x 5-T 6x6 Trk
6 x 2 1/2-T 6x6 Trk
2 x Trk Forklift

So what would the HHC have left? According to what you wrote above, 1, perhaps 2 HMMWVs, 2, perhaps 3 5-T trucks, 0 2 1/2 tons or forklifts.

However I wonder about that--what kind of forklifts are these anyway? I have operated forklifts and they were either electrical or propane.
Probably Rough Terrain Forklifts.....maybe Telehandlers. The BTOE is not that specific. These are heavy equipment and have diesel engines.

The basis is what did they start with....when was the Division activated and what was available to form a Division at that time? If the Division was active before the war it would have 100%. Activated after the war began and that goes down. Their are categories of mobilization, that determines what a unit has..... Down at Category C mobilization the unit has the barest cadre of Officers and Non commissioned Officers without equipment or lower enlisted. While and all up Level 1 has everything and everyone (ideally).

There are several factors in what to they have now....... 2000....
What did they have at activation?
What losses have they taken in combat?
What losses have they taken to wear/tear and lack of parts?
What was taken by a higher HQ and distributed to other units to attain some level of mission readiness? Example..... 5ton trucks taken from Aviation Maintenance and transferred to Division Artillery to move towed guns.

At what minimum is the unit still capable of performing their mission or mission support activities?

Meh infantry Battalion.pdf

Last edited by ArmySGT.; 03-22-2018 at 10:39 PM.