View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapBack556 View Post
Hey guys,

New to the forum, sorry this reply is 8 months old.

So the FL campaign, huh? I used to game with Tom Mulkey back in the '80s regularly at gaming conventions. He was working on a FL sourcebook off and on which fleshed out a lot of the Urban Guerrilla and Howling Wilderness questions.

He was fond of running singular adventures in the big campaign setting that was NA or Seminole - held FL.

One such adventure was published in Challenge, called Tyger Tyger Burning Bright. I play tested at a convention.

To shed more light on some of the "original" thoughts regarding the seminole nation. From my memory, Tom's seminoles were indeed made up of primarily of all the 2nd class citizens and refuse society had cast off. They found their home in the Seminole Nation. So while the upper echelons were comprised of actual Native American seminoles, the rank and file cannon fodder were thugs.

I remember one adventure our group had to discover where people were disappearing. The NA's handed refugees off to the Seminoles who then marched them south (down through Bradenton and into the interior of the state). They'd rest at night at these little fenced in covered areas. and people would die off on the march. What they were doing is each nightly location was actually a shed built upon top of one of the MIRV warheads that failed to detonate, but was leaking. By the end of the trip, the refugees were dead.

The seminoles were nasty bad guys. Perhaps even more than the NAs.

Tom never had us head much further north than Gainesville, as Blanding is right there and Jax. too much (any)GOV troops to deal with. That was part of what he was fleshing out. So I can offer no insight there.

I, too ran some FL adventures for my group in the early '90s. I used some ultralights (from Airlords of the Ozarks), and had one adventure where the party was stalked by the Skunk Ape (FL's bigfoot).

Anyway, I hope it helps if you needed some background straight from the horses mouth(ish).
I heard that he had the whole state fleshed out with all kinds of interesting material - must have been amazing to have gamed with him. Be great if anyone had those notes - would be a real treasure trove of information to add to the understanding of Florida and all the players involved.