View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 03:04 PM

Default Adventure seed 2 & 3: "Kelly's Heroes" & "Warhead"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krejcik
I always liked the Kelly's Heroes seed.

and then one of my favorites:

Warhead: Word gets around among locals, NATO and PACT forces that a local warlord held up in an abandoned missile base has somehow ended up with a nuclear warhead. He's not bright but is trying to broker a sale of the warhead to either side, while NATO + PACT forces are just trying to kill him and take it. Another maruader who wants it offers the group something they need to go get it.

Group chases after the small warhead (briefcase? in a crate?) with a dummy crate running around as well with dirty laundry.

Fun adventure. Clumsy with bad guys that aren't so bright.
Kelly's Heroes would be a great RPG adventure. The size of the unit is ideal for a group of playing characters. And some of the characters of the film has enough outstanding features to allow their direct translation to a Twilight character sheet without any problem. Mmmmm... and in the crucial moment of the adventure, "Burning Bridges" on the CD player...

Warhead would be a funny adventure, too... Mmmm... And just an idea: when the group the group seizes the silo to get the warhead, the warlord confesses that it is not functional and that he only wanted to disappear after close the deal with the highest bidder. What about a profitable association? Will they decide to do the same with the marauder with the false warhead?
Ok, I agree, the bad guys must not be very bright. But it would be funny,anyway