View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester
And here is another question;

What would Austrailia do in reguarding Korea and the North Invading with either the aid of Russia or China?

Or China making a move on Hong Kong?
In the original Twilight timeline Australia would support South Korea, the US and the UK against any moves by China and or North Korea. We did in the Korean War (in which Australians fought with great bravery) and we would do it again.

Now or in the near future however the situation would be much more difficult for Australia because China is by far and away our biggest trading partner and our current Prime Minister speaks fluent (and I mean FLUENT) Mandarin and is a great friend of China's. But in the case of all out war we'd always side with the USA and its allies, and in any case Japan is Australia's second biggest trading partner and we know which side our bread is buttered on.

In the traditional Twilight timeline Australia is involved in its own nasty little war with Indonesia after Indonesia invades first Papua New Guinea and then northern Australia. IRL if the Indonesians invaded Australia I would do anything in my power to join the fight. Anything.