View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 01:13 AM

By bike or by skis. During winter time skis give you an excellent off-road mobility and you can observe your surroundings and move easier and faster than on foot. Bikes are easy and much faster way to move than marching. Off course you need hard soil or some kind of trail to use bikes.

Basic rules give players way too much equipment and gold. There are also too much emphasizing vehicles in the game. Probably that stems from us military thinking where APC or IFV is “home” for squad.

In the 90s when I was conscript the was only one armor/mechanized brigade in army. 95 % of troops didn’t enter battle field with IFV. Even if your battalion was equipped with APC like Pasi XA-180 or Btr-60 they were vehicles to move troops and only in very rare opportunities they were used in infantry combat.

What you didn’t find Twilight 2000 Poland were large mine fields that could easily block traffic on roads. There were some tows and military camps that had extensive mine fields protecting them, but there were no mine or minefield encounters in rules.