View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
I've always felt that blinding those spy satellites would have been a priority for the US, NATO, Russia, and China. All those ASAT programs that "really don't exist" would be unwrapped in short order. I don't think anyone would have blinked at extending the war into space.
In my campaign one of the prominent NPCs in the PCs' group was a USAF pilot who had fired an ASAT missile from an F-15 early in the war. The ASAT phase ended quickly and he ended up in a USAF fighter wing before eventually ending up way behind enemy lines in Poland in 1998 after his Eagle suffered some kind of catastrophic mechanical failure and fell out of the sky. When the PCs found him he was working as a tinker and technician in a reasonably secure and well fortified village. I liked running Lt John Truman Johnson, callsign "Renegade", he was a good guy. Made a nice moral counterbalance to the generally anti-hero (ok, lets be honest, war criminal) PCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
If they were collected on the west coast ready for transport to Korea, I can see somebody realising they weren't going to make it across the Pacific and instead sending them up towards Alaska. Who knows, maybe the plan may have been to send them around via the coast anyway but they get sidetracked when the Soviets invade across the strait?

These old vessels could be very useful for transporting military units and material up and down the coastline.
I very much agree with this.