View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 07:32 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith View Post
As a Cold War historian, I want this game to be a success. However, I have this lingering gut feeling that I am wondering if others are sensing too.

This game doesn’t bring anything new to the table.
I find myself in grudging agreement with you. The Scandinavian setting option is technically new. However, the timeline seems to be alternate history from the same break point as v2.0/2.2. As far as mechanics... I like new and innovative mechanics but they haven't actually released enough detail (probably because they're still designing it) for me to feel like this will add anything new on that front.

I also think there's a significant portion of the fan base that doesn't actually want anything new brought to the table. So there's that.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson