View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
One nuke on that town and your entire club is... well, to be really blunt, totally irrelevant.

And even if they escape a nuke, there's the panic, the food shortages, the riots (with all the violence that can occur), the diseases, the radiation, the grind of daily survival in the hell of the post-apocalypse...
Really, what good is a drone when you're starving to death, you can't get enough fuel for your vehicles, you don't have enough ammunition to fend off even a half-arsed bunch of bandits and you don't have the medicine to deal with a minor infection?

What you did with a model rocket in college is completely irrelevant, it's T2k, the world as you knew it is so completely and totally fucked, your fun with rockets will not keep you alive.

I have no problem with a drone or two being available as a special encounter but to imply that every second American in the game will have access to the parts/skills to make one is really straining the suspension of disbelief.
I am not going to say it is super common, but I do not think it is as rare as you make it out to be. I know more people who can build a model rocket/simple RC plane than can do medical care, or grow food (not talking small garden). In my immediate group of about 10-15 people I know four who have built RC planes, three who have built computers from scratch (and yes I know this is different from build a drone, but skills are kind of the same). So yes it is not going to be a every man skill, but I do not think that the skill is going to be the big limiting factor. I think parts are going to be the bigger factor, but even there I am not sure that they will be as super rare as some are trying to make it out to be. Uncommon for sure, stuff of legend not even close. But that is just my two cents.