View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 07:10 PM
Registered Registrant

While I was indeed being blunt, very blunt, there is no threat of boiling over.
Like many forums, we seem to have an obsession with going over the same ground again and again so all that's happening here is the same for and against arguments being pitched over and over again.

However I will go back to one of my comments and expand upon it
Who the hell cares about making a drone, when they are trying to survive in the ruins of WW3?
There's a limited number of people who would see a use for a drone and they are most likely going to be military/security/police groups.
For the average person from the average town, even if they were the engineering professor at the local college, they are more likely going to be using their skills to get farming back into action, or the water system or the electrical system.
Having a drone won't put food on the table, so it's unlikely that many people will see any need for one.

EDIT:
Just to make this explicitly clear - nobody is arguing that drones could not exist or that they could not be constructed. Everyone pretty much agreed that the knowledge and the tech existed, everyone pretty much agreed that people with skills to make use of the knowledge & tech would still be alive in sufficient numbers and everybody pretty much agreed that there's even a good likelihood that the parts needed could be found.
So people should not be thinking that I am arguing that drones could not exist in the game world.
What I am asking, the question that nobody has answered, is "Why?"
Outside of certain groups, why would anyone bother with making a drone? The lack of people needing drones would make drones a scarce item. Encountering a drone would be a rare event.

Last edited by StainlessSteelCynic; 10-16-2020 at 09:11 PM. Reason: adding info