View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:13 PM

My favorite PC is the one I was running in Raelus' pbp game, Dave Stoner.

Dave is a Navy SEAL corpsman. Average height & weight, with a swimmer's build. An E-5 (brain's frazzled just got home after a long day at work), can't remember if it's HM2 or HM3...

Dave grew up in California, a real beach bum. Surfing, swimming, kayaking, lifeguard on the beach, anything near the water with excitement was his calling. Joined the Navy, went to corpsman school, and finally made the Teams.

He's a smart ass at times, with an I-just-don't-give-a-damn attitude that borders on suicidal. His prefered weapon is an assault rifle/grenade launcher combo, but more often he ends up manning one of the party's machineguns. I've always pictured him as loaded down with so much crap he can barely move- on short patrols he'd carry his medic aid bag, AK-74 with grenade launcher slung on his back, and a MAG with just the loaded belt.

When he joined the game it was as a rescued prisoner, or maybe his capturers finally had enough of his mouth and wanted to get rid of him.

What's funny is the name Stoner is my wife's maiden name. An uncle of hers tracked her down after I got into the game, and it turns out he was a SEAL in the Vietnam era.