View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
Speaking as a non-American, what sort of impact do the Cajuns/Acadians have in the Florida region?
I don't know what the modules say about them because I haven't read most of them in a very long time but as a non-American, the Cajuns appear to be an interesting group that could be a help or a hindrance to the PCs (and anybody else) with one group of Cajuns potentially being friendly but with the next group being indifferent or even hostile towards the PCs.
More of a Louisiana thing, I had thought. from the wikipedia entry
Quote:
Geography had a strong correlation to Cajun lifestyles. Most Cajuns resided in Acadiana, where their descendants are still predominant. Cajun populations today are found also in the area southwest of New Orleans and scattered in areas adjacent to the French Louisiana region, such as to the north in Alexandria, Louisiana. Strong Cajun roots, influence, and culture can also be found in parts of Southern Mississippi. These areas include Bay St. Louis, Pass Christian, Gulfport, Gautier, Natchez, D'Iberville, and Biloxi, Mississippi. Over the years, many Cajuns and Creoles also migrated to the Houston, Beaumont and Port Arthur areas of Southeast Texas, in especially large numbers as they followed oil-related jobs in the 1970s and 1980s, when oil companies moved jobs from Louisiana to Texas. However, the city of Lafayette is referred to as "The Heart of Acadiana" because of its location, and it is a major center of Cajun culture