View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus
How about that world seed bank built into the side of a frozen hill on a Norwegian island above the arctic circle? I'm not sure if construction on the project began before '97 (I think not), but a GM could fudge it a bit I suppose. The underground warehouse contains hundreds, if not thousands, of seed species from all over the world including some ancient and very hardy strains of staple ones as well as modern hybrids and high yield varieties. It needs no electricity because the permafrost provides natural refrigeration.

Might not be as fun as Charlton Heston's basement, but it could be a godsend (or godfind) in the slow and painful process of rebuilding civilization.
A good plot for an epic post-apocalyptic campaign!! Of course, the characters must be somewhat altruistic for the Twilight standards. Perhaps they are a group of volunteers from a community in Central Europe and they had found an article about the Norwegian seed bank in a scientific magazine they are about to throw to the fireplace. They must initiate a difficult travel through a devastated Europe looking for a little hope for the future of their people. The group must plot a route using old road maps, find the supplies needed for the travel and face all kind of dangers to accomplish the goal...

Quick, I must annotate it!!!