View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
So you don't actually know whether they've done any polling or not? They may have done and have just chosen not to share their findings with you?

(Yes I know they haven't and here's the proof or no I don't know will do fine if you want to reply).

As for polling on other sites, I think you should probably bear some of your own comments in mind

So by your own admission these groups are even more negative, which presumably is the same as being weighted one way over the other so as such would not be scientifically valid?
The fact that I am on their email list as a buyer of the game, that no one who has bought the game has been posting that they have been asked to answer any poll and that no poll results have been mentioned anywhere by them shows they have not done such polling - i.e. between here, FB, FL's own site, the overall internet T2K community and the Discord there has been no discussion at all of any such poll being conducted.

Thus lacking any evidence at all of a poll being done shows no polls are being done. The community as a whole is pretty close knit - someone would have mentioned it by now - but there has been no mention.

And if the initial draft and Alpha and Beta leaked early than I highly doubt that a poll would be kept super secret that literally no one knows of one.

Thus using logical deduction no such poll, at this moment, exists.

As to the FB groups those groups have many more members than this group has and would offer a bigger sample for gathering data. Thus if the overall answer is negative it would show getting a bigger sample backs up the data that Raellus has gathered. Versus polling the Discord which I admit is highly negative - and thus would be better not polled.

And Tomas has his own FB group that is more positively inclined towards FL and its fans. Thus you get more data, a bigger sample and can see thru the "noise" and get a better appreciation for the actual situation.

Keep in mind for 8000 plus backers, if that is what you need to sample, then as little as 200 responses would give you a very valid sample size. For 140 or so posters here you are gathering data on what people, on this forum, think of the V4 and how they intend to use it.

What Raellus didnt ask and can ask again was of those who responded how many actually were part of the group that either backed the game or have otherwise seen it to date.

i.e. of the 45 have all of them seen it -either by backing it or otherwise seeing it? If say only 30 have actually seen it and 15 are giving responses without seeing it then the sample size is much smaller.

FYI if you want to have a discussion on validity of sampling data maybe we need a thread for that - this thread is supposed to be a discussion of how you would use the V4, not about sampling methods and validity and I dont want to be accused of jumping a thread.

Last edited by Olefin; 06-03-2021 at 03:49 PM.