View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 01:51 AM

Default Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
Odd member choice for that joke in my opinion. If we are going for gamewise nutty I would go for General Pain or Major Po. But at least you didn't say it about Law. That might have ended almost 200 years of peace between our two countries.
LOL

No use in using LAW for armour -better just pull the safety and fire him at the target .

PENETRATION : a ruck sack wont do squat against a 7,62 round ,might make it tumle and yaw and lessen pen a little that way , but the real purpose of putting something light ( like chicken wire) outside the hull is to alter the distance a shaped charge detonates from the armour plates .The inside of a heat round is cone shaped and has a metal sheet covering the inside - usually copper ( I am sure you all know , but I want to discuss) ,when the round impacts the metal sheet melts and projects a jet of super heated molten metal that burns through the armour and flies around inside the hull etc .

If the distance between the round and the armour is altered ( point of impact is not the actual plate but a little furter out or a little further in ( a little further out the most practical alternative ) , the jet of molten copper is not concentrated as it should and it looses some of its effect .An effective spaved armour would be tubes of rolled up chickenwire,maybe with spacers to keep it at a nice 10 -15 inch diameter.This should distort the point of impact sufficiently to avoid penetration on an APC hull from older type RPGS like LAW 72
I guess.......