View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zappster View Post
I ran a merc style game a few years back. The team were an advanced team of paratroopers sent into A West African country to assess the area before the main body of troops came in to restore order and help build up the infrastructure. The encounter took place in daylight so the 8 man (3 PC's and 5 NPC's) squad could see who there opponents were. The squad ran into a well placed road block at very short range as the bush was quite thick. There opponents were a team of young irregulars with a couple of fearless, drug fueled 12 year olds. Long story shortish, the squad corporal tried to defuse the situation but was also the first to fire when he realized it hadn't worked. The player justified his actions by explaining that the age didn't matter when they have AK's. He wasn't wrong, 7.62 short doesn't discriminate, but as the squad moved to remove the weapons from the dead the corporal come close to the result of his actions and I made him roll a willpower check, which he failed badly. From that point on i would roll a willpower check for him in secrete when he slept, if he failed badly he would wake in a cold sweat or if he failed REALLY badly he would wake shouting or screaming.

When I first started my california campaign it was just my brother, eventually one of my friends joined the party. After a small fire fight with a mexican patrol my brothers charactor (an officer) ordered the mexican patrol survivors line up to be excuted. My buddy was shocked his special forces charactor was arguing that it wasnt right in and out of game. I let them justify there argument back and forth. The party ended up letting them go with a warning. After this I would include morality rolls for others involved as my brother plays Magor payne as out for blood and revenge for the invasion of america. He attemptedto get Arizona guards men to open fire on unarmed troops fleeing the battle field, officer made his morality check and refused as he didnt want to open fire on unarmed men. Ive now included a price on Magor paynes head by the mexicain army command in california for his use of chemical weapons. My brother also started having this officer wear all black and a face mask to hide his identity, he had the motor pool paint his m60 tank all gold so when the enemy saw his tank coming theyd know it was his men coming to kill them. My brother has some unique PCs.