View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 07:45 AM

tsofian - Only had to deal with MSHA once (mine demolition contract) and yes, they were a HUGE pain, but very thorough and professional. The rest, I work with and get inspected by regularly, so I think it's more of an industry specific thing.

I think what everyone is saying is that theres no grain industry anywhere near North-West Nevada... not that your idea isn't a valid one, it's just bad camouflage for the area. I've been to the black rock, theres not much of anything up there.
It'd be sorta like wearing a Ghillie Suit in the middle of a city... it's great camouflage... just not for THAT environment.

For that area, two choices, a mine, or a ranch, that's about it.

Now, if I was going to put it in the Midwest, a grain elevator makes sense. But personally, I can plop down a big assed distribution warehouse and have it go bankrupt/defunct after it burns down real quick and NOBODY will ever inspect it or really care about it once that happens. Tie it's status up in the courts for a couple decades and there ya go. Nobody on our side gives a damn about the site... just whats underneath it!