View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 07:29 PM
The Good Man

Indeed, the Nordic sourcebook and the Finnish Twilight 2000 sourcebook do contradict each other with regards to the state of the Nordic countries. The Finnish sourcebook has this to say about Scandinavia:

Quote:
Although no Scandinavian country suffered from strategic nuclear attacks, they suffered significantly in the 1997-98 Lapland war between NATO and the Warsaw Pact. The cessation of world trade has made life ever harder. Most of Scandinavia's cities are independent or isolated, although the southern areas are mostly organized. In the northern areas which suffered from the Lapland war there are military cantonments, destroyed or anarchy -riven territory. (Although Scandinavia does have the only intact oil refineries in Europe besides Ploesti, such as the Neste refinery in Porvoo, they are so far away from crude oil production areas as to be useless. -editor.)
I think one of the reasons for this is the different time periods. The Nordic sourcebook was published in 1990 I believe, and it therefore has the v. 1.0 setting, where the USSR is the villain. The Finnish sourcebook is from 1993 as you know, and it provides its own interpretation of v. 2.2, such as Russia instead of the USSR being at war with NATO.

Personally, I agree with the others that the locations as mentioned in the Nordic sourcebook would have been targeted by the Russians.

When I've finished with posting the timeline of the Finnish sourcebook, I'll proceed to posting the state of the world as described in the Finnish sourcebook, as well as information about the state of the Nordic countries as described in the Nordic sourcebook.