View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 06:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

I remember playing T2k back when i was in the Navy (1989-1993), and we normally played versons of ourselves trapped in the middle of Poland trying to stay alive...

T2k has become something of a... lifesaver for me at the moment.

My wife has left me, and taken my two wonderful boys to the UK. I hadn't got to see them in over a year... and that year has been hell. on 23 July 2008 i was going to see the counselors the VA had provided to help me get through all this, and it was pouring down the rain so bad that i was in a wreck that killed me, and they put me on lifesupport during a week and half coma. i had begged God that if my marrage wasn't going to work out, please dont let me wake up. and i keep thinking that he was going to let me go in my sleep because it hurts so damn much to be without emma and my boys. but i was too stupid to just laydown and die. they told me i died on the operating table, then twice more during the coma when i kept stop breathing. now i keep thinking that God was going to be merciful and let me go in my sleep, but my 'family' said no. and now i am alone in this damn apartment, surrounded by reminders of everything i have lost. i can't even go into the boys room without breaking down into tears, clutching the stuffed animals they hadnt been able to take with them.

I keep working on T2k timelines based around the 1st Edition timeline, just extending it out to the now... so T2k has been the only thing that has been taking my mind off of how much i hurt (physically and emotionally), how my legs dont work since they put them back on, amd just how much i wish they would have let me die.

Paul's site... i've always been so impressed with what he's done there. And what he's endured. I discovered it when i was taking care of my grandparents before they passed away (2001-2005), and used it alot for references for some of the things i had been working on (both T2k and other modern miltiary RPGs). I really wishi had paul's ability to endure without hurting so damn bad. he's been an inspiration of sorts.. he helped me get past my grandparents deaths, helped me find focus and be able to try and be the best husband and father I could be... but i failed, and lost the only things i had ever begged God for... my wife and kids. i realy wish that i could have been alot stronger, and alot more like Paul. but, there is only one Paul. that's the only saving grace I guess... he wouldn't be quite so amazing if we could all be like him.