View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 10:38 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender

Jest, I know that you are very supportive of US and you are right. If I had to trust someone that would be a U.S. citizen but if I had to distrust someone that would be a U.S. politician (or banker ). I haven't been in U.S. since 2003 and that's only because I hardly consider your country a democracy anymore. DON'T KILL ME ON THE SPOT. U.S. citizens are democratic, deeply attached to their democracy, honest (in their thinking) and trustworthy, but your administration is not currently so (or so I feel). Hey people, your are the bosses, the guy in the White House and those in Congress are your employees. I might be wrong but when you take a oath that is to the people not to the government (you can say something similar about us).

There is a lot of truth in what you say. There have been times they have listened when we managed to generate enough noise but for the most part, you are correct. I'll leave it at that. As to banker and the banking system, well, I don't have a lot of trust in that and sometimes when I pay by check, I get a little paranoid. The other day, I bought some Advantage flea treatment for my cats and I wrote a check. They scanned through one of those instant check machines and it was decline. I had more than enough money in the account to cover it. I worked with a guy a long time ago, he never trusted banks, "all they do is rip you off," he says. He paid his bills in cash and money orders. I'm not a fan of banks either.

I can make a monkey of myself very easily without having the banking system doing it for me. Later I found out that the store's system could not connect to the bank somehow, if you ask me, the banking system sucks.

Chuck M.