View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 02:26 AM

Default oui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender
HQ, I'm not saying someone is going to take U.S. position any time soon. Just that things might be changing and changing fast. However, U.S. itself might well loose its position and that might already be the case. People's view is changing dramatically and I wouldn't be surprised if U.S. become one among others (a big one so).

I'm an historian and I'm strongly against prospective history as the past never tell you what the future will be. The only thing that I'm sure of is that this crisis will leave its mark. I also have some hope in the coming U.S. election (even as I don't care about who is elected, not really my business) as I would be happy to travel to Vermont again; I'm missing my firends from there. Bah! if I continue to distrust the U.S. administration, I'll travel to Canada.
The US is already one among several -it has hegemony /supremacy and will retain it for a long time still .But the troubles of war ,financial instability etc have given potential for other players to grow stronger is what I meant .

Why distrust the US administration ? They are like pretty much every other administration only more powerful .